All uniform items can be purchased through Cramers Uniforms. You can order online and do curbside pickup. You can also order online and have uniforms shipped directly to your house.
For more information, visit their website, e-mail [email protected] or call 215-743-0750 for store hours. They have three locations - 4628 Frankford Ave., 5226 Market St., and 1918 East Passyunk Ave.
If you or your family are experiencing homelessness and need assistance with uniforms, please reach out to our School Counselor, Ms. Elliott ([email protected]), or our Principal, Mr. Walsh ([email protected]), or 215-227-0513 for more information.
We suggest that you refer to the Student Handbook for full guidelines of our uniform policy. The following is just a small sample of what is expected:
Male Student Overview
Female Student Overview
- The official school blazer, as designated by the school, is optional.
- Males and female must wear the official MACS tie, knotted properly and adjusted tied to cover the top button of the shir
- An ID belonging to the student must be worn around the student’s neck at check-in time. At all other times, the student must be in possession of his/her ID and must produce it immediately when requested by any staff member.
- Male and female students must wear a black belt at all times with the school pants.
- Only the 100% polyester dress pants from Cramer's Uniforms are acceptable.
- Cramer's pants must be properly fitted. Shrunken, skinny, tight/form-fitting, long, baggy or otherwise ill-fitting pants from Cramer's or anywhere else will not be allowed. Please ensure a proper fit while at Cramer's. The pants must be hemmed (not rolled up) and must be worn at the waist, not lower on the hips, with a black belt through the loops. The hem of the pants must rest on the top of the shoes.
- As a child grows, it is expected that new, properly fitting pants are purchased at Cramer's as needed.
- Solid blue or black socks must be worn.
- Students may choose to wear the approved MACS skirt.
- The skirt must be worn at knee length or longer. Skirt length must range from no shorter than the top of the kneecap to no longer than two inches below the bottom of the knee.
- Rolling the skirt, whether intentional or not, is strictly forbidden and will result in disciplinary action and/or the student being prohibited from wearing the skirt for the remainder of the year; instead, the student will have to wear school pants.
Shoes and Socks
- School shoes must be solid black leather dress shoes with no logos or tags. No other type of shoe is permitted.
- Solid (not sheer nor patterned) blue or black knee-high trouser socks must be worth with the skirt. In addition to socks, navy blue, black or gray solid stockings (no patterns) may be worn under the socks.
- Males: Solid blue or black socks must be worn.
- During winter months, boots may be worn to school but must be removed and placed in the student’s locker upon entrance to the school building. Boots and/or hi-tops are not allowed to be worn at any other time.
Hair, Nails, Makeup, Earrings & Accessories
- Hair should be neatly groomed.
- Hats, head coverings/scarves are not permitted to be worn in school, except for religious reasons.
- Headbands may not be worn on the forehead and may not be more than 2-inch in width.
- Long (natural or fake) fingernails are not permitted.
- Only moderate, natural-appearing make-up is permitted while in uniform.
- Only post earrings (no larger than a dime) are allowed, one per ear.
- All other visible piercings (except small nose studs) are forbidden, including nose rings/septum piercings, etc.)
- Excessive jewelry/bracelets/buttons are not permitted.
- Dark-lens glasses and sunglasses, whether prescription or not, are prohibited.