Multicultural Academy Charter School
Enrollment Procedures for 2021-2022
In order to enroll your child at MACS, you must follow the steps below. To view these procedures and related documents in a language other than English, please see the links at the bottom of this page.
1. Please visit applyphillycharter.org today to initiate the application process. The application window opens on September 25, 2020. The deadline for submitting the application is January 25, 2021.
2. By January 25, 2021, if MACS has received more applications than there are open seats available, we will need to hold a public lottery, which will be conducted using the Apply Philly Charter website on February 10, 2021 at 3:30 PM in the school auditorium. Please see the Lottery Procedures document for more information. If an applicant’s name is selected, the family will receive an Acceptance Letter asking them to submit the items listed in Step 3.
By January 25, 2021, if MACS has received fewer applications than there are open seats available, all applicants will receive a letter by mail, asking them to submit the items listed in Step 3, below. All applications submitted after the January 25 deadline will then be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, and the applicants will receive an Acceptance Letter asking to them to submit the items listed in Step 3.
3. In the Acceptance Letter, you will be asked to submit the following items to the office in order to finalize enrollment. (You will have 4 weeks to turn in these required documents, unless you need more time due to a language barrier):
- Proof of Residency (a deed, a lease, current utility bill, current credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, driver’s license, DOT identification card)
2. Proof of Child’s Age: Any of the following items, belonging to the child, is acceptable: Birth Certificate; Baptismal Certificate (or copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth); notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth; a valid passport; a prior school record indicating the date of birth
3. Immunization Records: As required by law; acceptable documentation includes: either the child’s immunization record, a written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered, or that a required series is in progress, or verbal assurances from the former school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow
4. Sworn Affidavit: Parent Registration Statement, required by law, this form will be mailed with the letter described in Step 3.
5. Home Language Survey: As required by law, this form will be mailed with the letter described in Step 3.
Our receipt of the required documents listed above will complete the enrollment process. We will immediately send you a congratulatory letter confirming our receipt of all necessary items.
Please Note: If your child receives Special Education Services or ESOL Services, once your child is accepted, we also request the following applicable documents before June 30, in order to appropriately roster him/her: IEP, ER, NOREP, ESOL documentation.