Impress a college admissions panel with a compelling personal essay. It provides you the chance to “WOW” the reader and stand out from the crowd.
The essay is the student's opportunity to add character to their application and include information admissions counselors may not know about you. It allows one to express themselves, show their writing skills, share experiences and add personality that is unique to you. Your college essay may be what sets you apart from other applicants and is intended to leave an impression on admissions counselors who read your application.
- The Essay is about YOU
- Length varies by school/application
- Personalize your application
- Shows who you are as a person
- It is the closest you will come to introducing yourself to the admissions committee
- Sets the tone of the rest of your application
- Can demonstrate how well you may fit into the college/university's culture
- SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MATTER
- Proofread, proofread, proofread - have a teacher edit
- It is all about putting in effort and energy