Multi-Cultural Academy Charter School
An Award-Winning Charter High School
How to Enroll
Enrollment Procedures for 2014-2015
In order to enroll your child at MACS, you must follow the steps below. To receive a copy of these procedures and related documents in a language other than English, please contact the main office at 215-227-0513 or visit our website (www.macs.k12.pa.us). You can also download the Enrollment Procedures HERE.
1. The Application of Intent is now available for the 2014-2015 school year. You may download the Application of Intent HERE or obtain one in-person at 3821 N. Broad Street (Broad and Butler Streets).
2. Once you have completed the Application of Intent and have turned it in to our main office, you will be invited to an Information Session in that both parent/guardian and the student must attend in order to enroll to MACS. Please note: Late arrivals will not be admitted to the Information Sessions.
3. Confirmation Form: At the end of the Information Session, if you would like to continue the enrollment process for MACS, you must fill out a Confirmation Form and submit it o the office.
4. Next, you must submit the following items to the office in order to complete enrollment:
a. Valid Pennsylvania Photo Identification of parent/legal guardianProof of Address (utility bill, lease, mortgage statement)
c. Birth Certificate of student or
i. Green Card
d. Guardianship Documents (if applicable): Foster parent documentation, court order, adoption papers, etc.
e. Immunization Records (shots and vaccines)
5. As soon as all of the above items are received by MACS, a letter of acceptance will be mailed to you. In this mailing you will find the Acceptance-Enrollment Form. To ensure actual enrollment, you must complete this form and return it to the office before the due date indicated in the acceptance letter. Our receipt of this form will complete the enrollment process. Following your submission of your child's Final Report Card in June, your child will be rostered. However, please be aware that if MACS does not receive your child's Final Report Card by June 30, he/she will lose any and all rights to a seat, and will be placed at the end of the waiting list, pending any no-shows of rostered students after the start of the school year.
Please Note: If your child receives Special Education Services, once your child is accepted, we will also need the following documents by June 30, in order to appropriately roster him/her: IEP, ER, NOREP.